Paneer Makhana Laddu
Navratri is considered as an important sacred festival in the Hindu religion. Navratri worships Goddess Durga and her various forms which are the epitomes of power and have the ability to bring in anything desired.
Method to prepare Laddu
1. Dry-roast makhane on low flame, cool them and transfer makhane in food processor to make fine powder.
2. Mix makhane powder with paneer, potatoes, arrowroot powder, spices, chopped cilantro and green chilies.
3. Add 2 tablespoon warm water and make small laddu.
4. Deep Fry paneer makhane laddu until crispy golden brown.
Method to prepare Chutney
• Mix all ingredients in blender
Put Laddu in a serving ball, top with shredded cucumbers, Vrat ki chutney and masala.
Health Benefits of Makhana:
Amazing Benefits of Fox Nuts
1~ Inflammatory properties.
2~ Fox nuts are rich in flavonoids, which are chemicals that have a positive effect on the body.
3~ Slows down the aging process.
4~ Flavonoids present in the fox nuts are also anti-oxidants.
5~ Detoxifies spleen.
6~ Maintain blood pressure.
7~ Fights infertility.
8~ Rich in calcium.
9~ Helps people with arthritis.
Ingredients for Paneer Makhana Laddu
1. 1.25 cup Makhane
2. 1 small Boiled potato, peeled and mashed
3. 1 cup Shredded Paneer
4. 3 tablespoon Arrowroot flour or Any vrat flour
5. Salt to taste (Vrat salt – Sendha namak)
6. 1 teaspoon Red chili Powder
7. 1 teaspoon Dried mint leaves, crushed
8. 2 small green chilies chopped
9. 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
Ingredients for Chutney
1. 1 bunch of Coriander leaves and 1/2 bunch of Mint Leaves
2. 1 small Green chili
3. 1-2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
4. 1/2 cup Desiccated unsweetend Cococut
5. 6-7 pieces of Cashews or almonds
6. 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin seeds
7. 2 teaspoon Sugar or Honey
8. Salt Sendha namak
9. 1/4 cup Curd